Sunday, January 15, 2006

Introductions!


One of the first times we got along as a kitty family!


My first blog entry! First, it's time for a little introduction time!

First off, we are Buttons and Momo- two girl kittens brought together by our two-legged care takers. I'm Buttons, the beautiful gray kitten there. Since I'm such a smarty I shall be the one doing most of the writing (unless I'm sick, then Momo or possibly my two-legged mom may take to the keyboard)... I'm also the only one of us who has even tried my hand at typing (Momo just likes to watch cartoons on the computer :P). I came from a very large family of two momma cats and lots and lots of babies! Too many... I was a little smaller than the rest, but at least I got to go outside and play (unfortunately, I heard that a lot of my brothers and sisters died or ran away, poor things).
My human mom doesn't let me go outside, she says it's for my own good and tries to make sure I have a window to look out of in a nice tall space, but at the beginning I still wanted out. Now in days I'm happy with the tall window and so is Momo. Mom and dad thought I was a boy for the last five months, but when they took me to the vet to get me "fixed" (I wasn't aware I was broken!), they finally found out I was a beautiful, intelligent girl (not a handsome, intelligent boy :)!

I'm six months old now, or at least will be in 3 days! I hope mom throws me a party!

Momo's story, however, is a little more complicated...

Momo came from the mean streets of we don't know where. Mom found her in a scary place called a "pound" (it sounds quite painful to me!). She was sleeping most of the time mom visited her which made her worried because she didn't know what kind of personality Momo had. We found out it was because Momo was very sick with a cold. She seems to get them once a month- but at least they are getting less bad with each month. When mom and dad went to get Momo a week later, they left me all alone with nothing but my toys! Mean momma!

When they got Momo, they said there was a mix up with her gender... that she wasn't a boy, but a girl. This confused everyone, considering it was no mix-up at all... but oh well. Momo was really sick, her cry made her sound more like an old chain smoker than a two month old kitten and man was she SMALL! Mom only has one picture of her from the day they got her, because she looked so sick. The only one she had was from through the bars of the "Sick jail" where we go to recuperate when we are really sick. The vet said she had an eye infection, a nose infection and a bite on her back that was still bloody the day they got Momo! My goodness this "pound" sounds horrible! I never want to go there myself!

Momo and I were not the best of friends at the beginning. Mom though I was jealous, but she didn't get it- I was mad because another girl was here in the house! But after a week she sat us next to each other and I decided it was time to break the ice with her and groomed her ear. She really liked that and eventually we were the best of friends and we really miss each other when one of us has to go to the vets.

Mom and dad thought Momo was a month younger than me, but when they took her to a new and better vet, we found out she was six months old- the same age as me!

Well, that's how we all got together- and now Mom is letting me blog our daily adventures! We have a few back-logged stories to tell, so please enjoy!

-Buttons the wonder kitten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home